A Digital Voice Recorder With Superior Recording
Exclusive 3D Microphone technology provides the best recording quality in any any environment.
The Philips DPM8000 is lightweight yet offers a tough stainless steel design that delivers impeccable ergonomics for your comfort when working for extended periods of time. When you add the Philips SpeechExec Pro Transcribe software for efficient data management and a docking station for uploading files, moving from voice to text document has never been faster.
3D Microphone Technology
The DPM8000 Digital Voice Recorder’s revolutionary 3D Microphone technology has built-in microphones that continuously deliver finest recording results. The Philips Pocket Memo uses an omni-directional microphone which provides 360 degree sound retrieval making it perfect when recording multiple sound sources during a meeting and a unidirectional microphone enhanced for voice recording and precise speech recognition.
Automated Microphone Selection
The Philips DPM8000 Dictation Voice Recorder is equipped with a built-in motion sensor that can detect if the recorder is placed on a desk or is held in the hand allowing it to choose the proper microphone for the recording setting. When the device is idle, the motion sensor automatically adjusts to standby mode. The Philips Digital Pocket Memo 8000 will be ready to record again within seconds once it is picked up.
Ergonomic Slide Switch Control
The Philips DPM8000 ergonomic slide switch design and speedy response allows for the single-handed operation of all recording and playback functions, easy and quick file editing such as insert, overwrite, append. This Philips digital dictation recorder uses a light sensor signal, making it resistant to wear and much more durable.
Durable Stainless Steel Housing
The Philips DPM8000 has a thin asymmetrical design that is lightweight and ergonomic that allows the recorder to fit comfortably into your hand making it easy to hold even when working for extended periods of time. The brushed stainless steel case is tough and extremely durable encasing the device with a protective armor. The Philips DPM8000 is shockproof based on US Military standard 516.6.
SpeechExec Workflow Software
The SpeechExec Pro software provides the organization of the dictation workflow and final documents between the originator and the transcriptionist. The software, also, permits you to track the status of your work.
Full Color Display & Clear Intuitive Interface
The Philips DPM8000 provides a sharp full color display making it easy to visualize the entire screen at a glance. The easy to use and understand user interface provides smooth and stress-free operation.
Fast Charging & Hands-Free Docking Station
The durable and high-quality docking station delivers quick charging and the automatic transfer of your recording to your computer. By connecting an optional foot control, the docking station facilitates hands-free recording and transcription even without a computer.
Extended Battery Life
A standard micro USB jack makes charging the high capacity Li-ion battery easy. The combination of light and motion sensors guarantees an extended battery life. When the device is idle, the smart technology regulates the brightness of the display and switches automatically into stand-by mode. These features ensure that you’re DPM8000 Digital Voice Recorder is continuously ready to work.
Device Lock & File Encryption for High Data Security
Advanced Encryption Standard with a key length of 256 bits ensures that your transcription is encrypted in real-time. Be assured that your recordings are safe because AES provides an extraordinary level of security and has been approved in the USA for the highest classified government information.
Barcode Scanner Integrated
You can link patient/client information to a recording by simply scanning over a barcode, even from a display, using the integrated barcode scanner. This will provide reliable designation of patient/client IDs and speeds up your workflow.
Remote Management Support
IT administrators can remotely configure, implement, manage and update dictation hardware from Philips for individuals, groups, teams or the entire organization using the Philips SpeechExec Remote Device Manager software. This feature will save valuable time and resources.
Classic Mode for Easy Operation
Analog devices are appreciated for being user-friendly and uncomplicated. The Philips DPM8000 digital recorder includes an optional classic mode that offers the user the “look and feel” of using an analog device while still possessing the advantages of digital technology and giving the user the ability to focus on the fundamentals.
Philips DPM8000 Digital Voice Recorder Specifications
- 3.5mm Headphone / Microphone Jack
- USB: micro USB 2.0 Docking connector Memory card slot
- TFT Diagonal 2.4″ Color Screen (320 × 240 pixels)
- Up to 32 GB SD/SDHC Storage
- 6.75 MB/s read speed & 5.0 MB/s write speed
- DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM Recording Format
- 1 Directional Microphone & 1 360 Degree Microphone
- DSS QP (.ds2/mono), DSS SP (.dss/mono), MP3 (.mp3/stereo), PCM Voice (.wav/mono), PCM Stereo (.wav/stereo) Recording
- 13.7 kbit/s (DSS SP), 28 kbit/s (DSS QP), 192 kbit/s (MP3), 353 kbit/s (PCM Voice), 705 kbit/s (PCM Stereo) Bit Rate
- Insert (DSS/DSS Pro), Overwrite (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM), Append (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM) Modes
- 4 GB memory card: 700 hours (SP), 350 hours (QP), 50 hours (MP3), 27 hours (PCM Voice), 13 hours (PCM Stereo) Recording Time
- 44.1 kHz (MP3), 22.05 kHz (PCM), 16 kHz (DSS QP), 12 kHz (DSS SP) Sample Rate
- Built-in Round Dynamic Speaker
- 28mm Speaker Diameter
- : 300 – 7500 Hz Acoustic Frequency Response
- > 200 mW Speaker Output Power
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (1000mAh)
- Up to 30 Hours Recording Time (DSS Pro mode)
- 200 Day Standby Time
- 3 Hour Charging Time (Full Charge)
- 256-Bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm)
- 40 User IDs Supported
- MIL-STD-810G 516.6 Certified Shock Resistant
- 15 mm (H) x 53 mm (W) x 123 mm (D)
- 4.1 oz Weight (Includes Battery)
- User Manual
- Docking Station
- Memory Card
- Rechargeable Battery
- USB Cable
- Carrying Case
- SpeechExec Pro Dictation Software
- ACC8100 Lithium-Ion Battery
- ACC9008 SDHC Memory Card
- LFH9162 Telephone Microphone
- LFH9172 Meeting Microphone
- LFH2210 Foot Pedal
- ACC8160 WLAN Adapter
- LFH7470 Remote Device Management Software
- LFH7475 SDK Dictation Hardware